“Where’s the Setting?” – Inference Station

Read the paragraph below. Answer the two questions in complete sentences at the end of the post in your comment. Label your answers “Question 1” and “Question 2”.

Sam was looking out of his window and all that he could see was water all around him. He was ready to be back on land where he wouldn’t feel the constant rocking back and forth that made him feel sick. The only thing that he had to eat for days was fish because that was the only thing that he could catch.

Question 1: Where is Sam?

Question 2: What evidence did you find that helped you make an inference about the setting of the story?

16 thoughts on ““Where’s the Setting?” – Inference Station

1. Question 1 Sam is at the house looking out the window.
    Question 2 the story said that Sam was looking out the window so that made me think of he was in the house.

2. Q#1 He is on a ship in a cabin.
    Q#2 There was water all around him and he was rocking back and forth.

3. Question 1: Sam is in the sea.Question 2: I thought that because it said he was ready to get back on land.

4. I think that Sam is in a boat in the ocean.I think that because he said I’m tired of rocking and when he was looking out the window and he’s surrounded by water.

5. Sam was in a boathouse.It said he was ready to get back on land and it said there was water all around him.

6. question1: Sam was in a boathouse looking out the window.
    question 2:It said he was looking out the window and it sounded like he was in a boathouse that’s my evidence.

7. Question 1: The setting is a house boat.
    Question 2: My evidence is that he said all that was around him was water and all he could eat was fish.

8. Question1 I think Sam is on a house boat.
    Question2 I think Sam is on a house boat because he said:I looked out my window and saw water all around me and also because he felt constant rocking and starving because all he could catch was fish.

9. Question#1 Sam is in a boat in the ocean.
    Question#2 It made me think he was on a boat because it said there was water all around him and all he could catch was fish.

10. question 1: Sam is on a house boat. question 2: I thought that because the story said:Sam was looking out of his window,that maid me think of a house boat.

11. 1# I think sam was on a boat.
    2# I think sam was on a boat because it said”I looked out my window but all I can see is water.